Tuesday, November 01, 2011

Isaiah's First Halloween

Sometimes I wonder, as babies go through the seasons for the first time, if it's just one confusing moment after another. Just when they think they've got things figured out, here comes Halloween!

We decided to start things off slowly. A lot of people don't celebrate Halloween (cuz dressing up like Muppets is evil, or something), and we wanted to incorporate a harvest celebration, so we picked the very first veggie out of our garden.

I swear, I did not slowly tweak this cucumber in an attempt to get the garden to spell my name.

And if I did, I quickly realized how hard it would be to get an A or a Y.


Years ago, JoanMarie and I dressed up as Kermit and Miss Piggy for Halloween. This year, we added their offspring.


Then we were out the door. The reason for the season. Candy!!!


Isaiah caught on quickly.


After collecting a massive eight pieces of candy, he was satisfied and ready for bed.


Thankfully, eight pieces is easy to divide between Big Kermit and Miss Piggy.

4 comments:

Martha Ramirez said...

Love the themed family pic! Enjoy your candy.

Sabrina Steyling said...

How cute you guys all look! Muppets are awesome! Those eight pieces of candy are all favorites of mine - I'm jealous! ^_^ Enjoy!

kaylaleebugg said...

These are totally cute costumes! It's not the amount of candy but the quality time spent together!

Dara Dokas said...

Very cute! I love that he got 8 pieces of candy. Funny. You know, that won't cut it in future years. It'll be 1/2 a pillowcase full or nothing!