Monday, November 21, 2011

HAPPY PUBLICATION DAY!!!

I live in California. Carolyn Mackler lives in New York. By some perfect alignment of the stars, we're both speaking at a conference in Chicago on the same day that the The Future of Us is released.

And that day is...

TODAY!!!

A few minutes before midnight, I was almost ready for bed, wearing my pajamas and the cheetah robe that had been hanging in the closet. Carolyn called me down to join her outside the hotel where all of the Penguin authors are staying. It was time for the big countdown! Our editor, Jocelyn Davies, was there to capture the moment.



We're going to spend the morning hopping in and out of bookstores, signing any copies they have in stock. In the evening, we'll join some of our favorite authors at Anderson's Bookshop for a massive YA signing.

And throughout the entire day, I'm sure I'll have a giddy energy making me extremely hyper and happy. I know it'll be annoying to anyone within fifty feet of me, but...oh well!

MY NEXT BOOK IS OUT TODAY!!!

5 comments:

Deb Day said...

Congratulations! I can't wait to read it. The recent Entertainment Weekly chose it as one the Young Adult books everyone should read! And loved the interview with you.

Sabrina Steyling said...

Yay! I'm truly happy for you both! Can't wait to read my copy. :) Love the video by the way - too cute, especially the 'confetti' ^_^

YA Book Queen said...

Congrats!! :D

Wild About Words said...

Congrats. Watched the video twice and laughed out loud both times. Too funny!

Ramona said...

Yaay! ^o^
I'm German And I hope, That that book is finaly in Germany, because the fist book "Tote Mädchen Lügen nicht" (13 reasons why)came yust 3 Years later. Tomorrow I have an talk to my class about that book. Its great!