Monday, December 08, 2014

50 States Against Bullying: ARIZONA

Stop twenty-four on the 50 States Against Bullying campaign brought me to Arizona. The Arizona Inn, where I stayed, had the lobby beautifully decorated for the season. And if you know me, you know that I love me some Christmas!


They also had a gingerbread house made to look like the inn. So...it's a gingerbread inn, I suppose.


I spoke at Salpointe Catholic High School. They had a great interactive display with QR codes to scan with your phone.


Here's a photo I swiped from the school's Twitter account of me speaking with their students, almost all of whom had read the book. (Is that the correct use of whom? I usually avoid that word if I'm unsure. But I think this is right. Right???)


Salpointe has a beautiful program called IMPACT. Students spend a week each year considering hunger, the environment, and others who are suffering, and then work on projects within those areas. It's a program that should be used around the country. Maybe one day! Until then, these students get the benefit of experiencing the beauty of helping others.



When I was done, I was given this bracelet.


On the back, it says "Be Kind. Step Up!" The website where you track the bracelets says they're to be used in "recognizing ordinary (and extraordinary) acts of kindness and supporting those who step up to help make a difference." My job now is to notice the kindness of someone else and pass this bracelet onto them.

It's kind of fun to be on the lookout for kindness!

No comments: