Sunday, October 11, 2009

Audrey, Wait In Your Room!


As expected, Robin Benway and Jordanna Fraiberg were a lot of fun to do a booksigning with. I absolutely loved both Audrey, Wait! and In Your Room, so it was great to hear the backstories of where they came up with the ideas for their books.

In fact, if I wasn't sitting on the same side of the table as Robin and Jordanna, I would've still come out to hear them speak.


For everyone who got a book signed, we had special gifts. They got to take home Advanced Reading Copies of some upcoming Razorbill books. (And one or two may have accidentally come home with me, too.)


But the fun didn't stop when the work was done (of course, booksignings feel much more like fun than work). We all went out to a nice dinner with JoanMarie and Alex, also known as my wife and Jordanna's husband. And I got to show off some of the highlights of my town, such as Bubblegum Alley!


Yes, the walls of Bubblegum Alley are coated with exactly what it sounds like.

6 comments:

K. M. Walton said...

You should set a scene in Bubblegum Alley...

Anonymous said...

This is completely off topic, Jay Asher, but...

WHEN are you releasing another book? A month? A year? Two? Any hints would be nice. :)

Suzanne Young said...

What a great author lineup!! Looks so fun--well, except for the gum. Wth?

And wait... there's a really cool looking book on that table... I can't quite make out the name. What is it???

Donna Gambale said...

Bubblegum alley looks so cool. On (the famed) South Street in Philly, there's a row of bubblegummed trees. (Not really called anything.) Disgusting in theory, but pretty to look at. I can't imagine a whole alley! But here's the important question - did you add to the art?

Sharon K. Mayhew said...

Yum...free candy!

Casey Something said...

Looks like a great event!

I love Bubblegum Alley. It inspired a scene in one of my stories, actually.