Friday, December 09, 2011

Today (but in 2010)

Here is the beginning and ending of an exciting email that Carolyn Mackler sent to our agents at 9:24am(PST) exactly one year ago today. The title of the manuscript mentioned was later changed to The Future of Us (available now!).

Jodi and Laura -

We are thrilled to hand you the manuscript for our next YA novel, IT'S ABOUT TIME.

[Blah, blah, blah. Business stuff, business stuff, business stuff. Blah, blah, blah.]

Happy reading!

- Carolyn & Jay

PS Speaking of babies going out into the world, as we were doing our final tweaks this morning, Jay's wife went into labor!!

If you've seen me give my Powerpoint presentation at a school or library, you know that I waste a lot of time creating mock covers for my books. Here are two that I created for It's About Time.


5 comments:

Caprica-Lex said...

Although I like the name "The Future of Us", I think "It's about time" would have been the better title. Love the double entendre :)

Javid Suleymanli said...

And those additional covers were printed?? Because there is a glow on the top right edge of the second cover.

Jay Asher said...

C-L, I still love the double-meaning in It's About Time, but we didn't think it was unique enough if you didn't already know what the story was about.

Javid, that glow was from the plastic of the phonejack. It was never printed up.

Donna Selina said...

i'm really excited for this book! i couldn't wait to read it ... i think i like 'The Future of Us' better ... it sounds more unique, and it's really catchy :)

Candace Osterhout said...

I Like "The Future of Us", and I really like how the cover turned out. I got the book for Christmas, and I used to have tie up the phone lines to get on the internet, so I know how that works. ;) So far, I think my favorite line from the book is "'What the hell happened to Pluto?'" I laughed a full ten minutes just thinking about it.