Wednesday, October 01, 2014

50 States Against Bullying: CALIFORNIA

The first stop on my 50 States Against Bullying campaign took me all the way to...my hometown!

San Luis Obispo High School was the perfect kick-off for this cross-country tour. They did so much in advance of my visit, such as making and displaying posters with encouraging messages for students to read as they move from class to class.


Speaking at my alma mater was a more touching experience than I expected. Here is Principal O'Connor introducing me to the first half of the school.


Over two presentation, I spoke to every student in the school.


The book signing that followed included passing out #ReasonsWhyYouMatter bracelets and students filling out encouragement cards.


Thank you, Ms. Sawyer, for helping to organize a successful event that I will never forget.


And, as a very special treat, Ms. Avery introduced me for my second presentation. This amazing woman gave me an eye-opening and influential junior year as my English teacher. The students she continues to teach are very lucky to have her.




1 comment:

Sabrina Steyling said...

That is awesome sauce! Can't wait to read about your next 49 stops...