Sunday, November 22, 2009

Wild Horses...

...couldn't drag me away from speaking to teens and English teachers, which I was given the chance to do in Philadelphia a few days ago. But as I said in my previous post, I did have to leave Philly a few days early and miss several engagements. So to all of you who came out to an event to hear me speak or get your book signed, and yet I wasn't there, I apologize.

Unfortunately, there was a medical emergency in my family. To those of you who knew what was going on and e-mailed your prayers, JoanMarie and I both thank you tremendously. Things are looking good.

JoanMarie also wants to share with you a couple of her favorite hospital gifts.


JoanMarie, Johnny Depp (both of them), and I are back home now. For the next several weeks, while JoanMarie reads her magazines and relaxes, I'll be cooking and cleaning and watering plants and running errands...and there's nothing I would rather be doing.

And hopefully I can see anyone I missed in Philadelphia real soon!

12 comments:

Paul Greci said...

I wish you well, and a speedy and full recovery for JoanMarie.

G. Neri said...

Well Jay, I was sorry to have missed you but I am glad things seem to be ok.I was signing next to your empty table and felt for you. I've run into several 2k7ers and we all hope to see you soon.

celinaaa! said...

Glad she's doing okay Jay! (:

Frankie Diane Mallis said...

I'm glad everything is ok and I hope for a speedy recovery for JoanMarie!!!

Donna Gambale said...

Glad to hear that JoanMarie's recovering well!

Heather Doss said...

Yikes, I'd heard you had a rough weekend. Sorry to hear about JoanMarie; lots of bed rest with Johnny Depp should make her feel much better! :) I'll see you again next time your over on this side of the country.

Heather Doss
www.bookazine.com

Jay Asher said...

Thank you, everyone!

Heather, one of the most frustrating things about this for JoanMarie has been laughing. Laughing hurts...but it also makes things better. And your message made her laugh! So it hurt, but she also thanks you for that.

G-Man, I was really looking forward to seeing so many 2k7ers in one spot, and meeting some of them for the first time. But I'm sure there will be plenty of opportunities in the future.

Again, thank you all for your positive thoughts!

Allison said...

Sorry to hear about your family emergency. JoanMarie looks in high spirits! Glad everything worked out and she gets to go home!

Anonymous said...

So happy to see JoanMarie. Tell her to keep a small firm pillow at hand to press against the stitches when she laughs. It will help, a little.

Wishing you both a joyful Thanksgiving!!!

Joan said...

Best to JM!!! and Johnny. lol

The comment about laughing reminds me of when I was a wee lass of 10 and had an emergency appendectomy.... My mother decided I needed a TV in my room (yes, had to rent them in them days!) and that very day was the premiere of Rocky & Bullwinkle!!! A pillow helped a little.

Joan

Lisa Yee said...

Happy to hear things are looking up.

Debby G said...

Yikes. Hospitals are no fun.

Best wishes to you and yours.