Thursday, November 12, 2009

So Much Drama! - 4

The day I've been anticipating since March is almost here.

Today, I arrived in Antioch, Illinois. My hotel room was loaded with goodies (some to eat and some to wear) by the cast and crew behind the stageplay of Thirteen Reasons Why. Something I will probably wear every single day for at least a year is this hoodie...



Though I won't be attending the show until tomorrow night (Friday the 13th, of course!), Antioch Community High School is right across the street from my hotel. And I knew the cast would be there getting ready for tonight's performance. And I just couldn't wait to meet them! So I walked on over.

But first, I had to take a sneak peek at the stage...


Then I went backstage to the make-up room to let everyone know how deeply honored I am that they chose to turn my book into their fall production.


They are an absolutely amazing group of students. I wish I could've hung out with them longer, but they had to finish getting their make-up on for tonight's debut performance.


But I couldn't leave the premises without seeing if the rocketslide really works.


It works!

7 comments:

Monica said...

for the record, i'd rather not have had a banana in my purse.

Donna Gambale said...

That's SO EXCITING! I want that hoodie. It's amazing.

Paul said...

Very cool, Jay. I'm sure it'll be a smashing and intense success. Your book has touched so many people and continues to do so.

AmandaHewer said...

Awww. That's so cool. I bet they were excited to see you. I hope you enjoy the performance. =]

Joan said...

Hi Jay!!!

I take a large, please! What a great hoodie. Cannot wait to hear how the show goes. Joan

Brittany said...

That's a great hoodie, wish I could get me one of those. *laughs*

The Book Owl said...

How fun! I can't wait to hear how the play went. :)