Wednesday, January 27, 2010

All About Me...at 9 1/2

While cleaning out my writing room today, I came across a Creative Writing assignment...from 1985!


For this fourth grade assignment, Mrs. Pryor assigned each letter a word, and then we wrote something about ourselves based on each word.


I obviously had a crush on her.


I still hate going to bed. In fact, I think I'll stay up and post this at 10:30pm...on a weeknight!


In a few years, he's going to love loud & screeching rock & roll noise.


Notice that the apostrophe is right above the S. I still do that!


Just yesterday, I was looking at the bright green hills and thick clouds, wishing I could fly around them.


And now, I'm posting an assignment from that year on my blog.

9 1/2 year old me: "What in the world is a blog???"

10 comments:

Jenny Renee said...

Awe how awesome is that! I always love looking at what little old me thought. :)

Maureen Hume said...

Feels weird, huh?.I always thought my grade nine maths teacher had some sort of vendetta against me. A few years ago while deep cleaning my mother's house I discover every single report card that had been written about me in all of my school years.
My biggest discovery was that my maths teacher actually quite liked me and thought that I was smart. But unfortunately the test that the final result was taken from didn't reflect my effort for the year.
I was competely amazed. This revelation wasn't important to anyone else, but to me it mean the world.
Maureen. www.thepizzagang.com

Jonathon Arntson said...

That was great! I had to make a book about my life in second grade and to show that my family ate dinner together every night I drew a table and cut out circular shaped things I found in magazines. I got the Batman symbol.

Jodi Kendall said...

Ha! that's funny. I should go through my old school files too. Always good for a laugh.

Stephanie Roth Sisson said...

HA! Fantastic! What a treasure.

Unknown said...

I wish I still had all the little things I write in elementary school. Unfortuantely, they've been lost to moves and homelessness.

Nicole said...

This is completely unrelated to what this blog is about, but I had a question for you. I recently saw a movie trailer for 13RW and was wondering if it was true that it was going to be made into a movie? If so, when is it coming out? All the trailer said was "coming soon."

Thanks!

Jay Asher said...

Nicole, there are a whole bunch of really cool movie trailers for 13RW...but they've all been made for fun or a school project by readers.

As far as a real movie...cross your fingers!!!

Paige Keiser said...

I loved this post Jay! Even back then you showed talent and creativity.

Here's an actual quote from my paper in second grade (the subject was 'bus'). "...my bus hurts my butt." lol

breannam1 said...

This post about you at nine and half reminds me of times when we wrote creative writing assignments in third grade in 2003/