Thursday, May 28, 2009

That’s My Name...You’re Wearing it Out!!!

I got an interesting e-mail this week from a composer in Los Angeles. He told me that he occasionally receives phone calls and e-mails from people who think they’re contacting me.

So why are they contacting him? Because the dude’s name is Jay Asher!

I’ve actually known about Jay Asher for a few years, ever since I tried registering www.jayasher.com and couldn’t because that Jay Asher already owned it. But he seems like a cool guy! And not only is he a composer, he’s also a published author. He wrote a book called Going Pro with Logic Pro 8.

What's his book about?

Logic Pro is arguably the number one digital audio workstation among professional musicians and composers, at home in both professional and project studios worldwide. Going Pro with Logic Pro 8 is an expert level book that addresses the needs of the professional Logic user.
So we might have slightly different target audiences.

Now Jay Asher and I are wondering if one of us should write a small check to the other one. Has anyone searching for his book stumbled upon, and also bought, my book? Or has anyone looking for my book stumbled upon, and also bought, his book?

But rather than worrying too much about that, maybe the next time I’m in L.A. we should just do a booksigning together. That would actually be kind of fun!

7 comments:

Thao said...

This is so fun, you have the same name and you both write books!

Summer said...

That's cute, lol

K. M. Walton said...

It's pretty cool that he emailed you!!

Flemmily said...

How funny! I'm not on my home laptop (on which www.jayasher.blogspot.com is bookmarked), and I accidentally just visited www.jayasher.com!

This literally happened within the last 30 seconds.

Poor logic 8 users who bought the wrong book--I'm sure the suicide connection was confusing. :)

~Flemmily

Anonymous said...

That's hilarious!
:)

Anonymous said...

"Or has anyone looking for my book stumbled upon, and also bought, his book?"*waves hand* I did. Well, the "sumble upon" part. I didn't order his book. I read your book and searched Amazon for your name.

Jay Asher said...

My website has been revamped as a Wordpress site. so now I TOO have a blog, Jay :)