Tuesday, June 12, 2012

ToysToysToysToysToys

Have you read through the nearly 200 comments left on my last post? If not, do yourself a favor and take the time. When you all told me about your favorite childhood toys, I was reminded of so many toys I had loved but nearly forgotten about. Some of your stories and descriptions were hilarious, and some very touching.

And seriously? There was a doll you could put in light to give her a tan?

Apparently so.



And the person who won all 10 bestselling children's paperback novels is...

Going to have to wait a moment.

UPCOMING APPEARANCE ALERT

If you're near Ithaca, New York this Saturday, I'll be speaking at their library's Teen Author Fest. Check out this website for more info. It's a full day of authors speaking (as opposed to writing, which is rather boring to watch), answering questions, and signing books.

Okay, now back to our regularly scheduled blog post.

The winner of One Direction: Dare to Dream, Divergent, The Book Thief, The Lost Hero, Thirteen Reasons Why, Matched, The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian, Out of My Mind, Between Shades of Gray, and Turtle in Paradise is...

Gallaghergirlxox
(hopefully not your real name)

Gallaghergirlxox (if that is your real name, I was only kidding) had a glow-in-the-dark Care Bear as her favorite toy. If she couldn't sleep, she held onto that Glow-A-Lot for protection. And Gallaghergirlxox's (I'm starting to enjoy typing that!) Care Bear loved having stories read to it.


To claim your prize, send your mailing address to EmmaNelson4Ever@aol.com (which is actually the email address of one of the main characters in The Future of Us, but she's letting me use it for this contest because she's awesome like that).

As a reminder, there will be another multi-book contest later this month. And for that contest, four authors will be autographing books for you.




Gallaghergirlxox!!! (I just had to type it one more time.)

3 comments:

Kris @Imaginary Reads said...

While this was a post typed in announcing the winner, I think I had a lot more fun reading it than the post for the actually contest. Just had to say that :)

Wild About Words said...

Yay, Gallaghergirlxox! I'd forgotten about Care Bears. Still doesn't hold a candle to my Easy Bake Oven. Just sayin'.

Jay, have fun in New York!

Christine said...

Gratzs! :D