Thursday, August 11, 2011

Book Title Photo CONTEST!!!

Click.

Take a picture and you could win an e-reader pre-loaded with some of the best teen novels!

The theme for this year’s TRW (Teen Read Week, not Thirteen Reasons Why) is Picture It @ your library. As part of the celebration, YALSA (Young Adult Library Services Association) wants to see your interpretation of a teen book title. Not your favorite character or scene. Not an abstract thematic analysis no one can figure out. The title! You can be serious or silly, but you must use creativity and you’re required to have fun.

More info on the contest can be found by clicking here. And the entry form can be found by clicking here.

Five finalists will win bookbags stuffed with teen novels from Penguin, including signed copies of Thirteen Reasons Why and The Future of Us. (You’ll also win a bit of fame and glory.) One grand prize winner will get that e-reader! (You’ll also win a little more fame and glory than the finalists.) As the 2011 TRW spokesmodel...I mean, spokesperson...I'll be judging the contest. You have from now until the end of October to enter, so click away!

I'm not eligible (that whole judge-n-jury thing...plus, I'm just over the age limit), but if I did enter, this would be my submission:


Any guesses?

11 comments:

Matthew MacNish said...

You're not eligible to win your own books? Books you wrote (or co-wrote)? Something seems wrong with that, Alice, but I suppose it really isn't.

Anonymous said...

"Go Ask Alice"! Brilliant! :)

Tiffany Gordon said...

It does look like Alice

dawnn said...

The most obvious that I can think of is Alice In Wonderland. Love the wig!

Jay Asher said...

Storiesofmoss for the win!!!

Naomi Canale said...

Looking at that picture makes feel like I'm a little kid walking up to the counter and I can hear you saying, "Oh, come here dear just come ask Alice if you have any questions." Love it!

Christian Nunez said...

I which I can enter but I'm one year over the age limit, but I still want to do this. I have about 3 different ideas for 3 differernt books.

Martha Brockenbrough said...

It's actually the sequel: Go Tell Alice to Wax Her Forearms (Dude).

Adorable, as usual, Jay!

m. christine weber said...

Oh good gracious, this is hilarious. And disturbing. Possibly not in that order. :-)

Thanks for the laugh, Jay!

Anonymous said...

I'm one year over the age limit!
D:<
Pity, I think it would've been fun to try and literally act out "The Hunger Games". Or just be lame and take a picture of myself playing Hungry Hungry Hippos.

Anonymous said...

I'm trying to figure out which library that is. Is it in SLO? Hilarious photo!