Thursday, February 26, 2009

These films have not yet been rated...

Occasionally someone will ask if I've ever considered making a video trailer for Thirteen Reasons Why. And sometimes I'll get asked if I would like to pay someone to make one for me. Either way, my answer is always no.

Why? Because there are plenty of creative people doing it already. They're more talented than me, so whatever I put together would never stand up to what they've done. And they're doing it purely for fun or because they connected with the book, so the heart they're putting into it would probably be lost if money came into play. Someday soon, maybe Hollywood will take a crack at my book. Until then, I'm thoroughly enjoying what my readers are creating!

At the bottom of this post I've added links to several trailers I've particularly enjoyed. But first, here's the most recent one (and one of the most polished!) that I've seen.

Got your popcorn ready?



Click here for the next trailer.

And click here for the next.

In this one, they use the map from newer editions of the book.

This one splices together professional productions (such as Speak, the movie based on Laurie Halse Anderson's book).

This one is a two-parter. Part 1 is here...

...and Part 2 is here.

3 comments:

Catherine said...

That's cool!

I love making book trailers/soundtracks.

I actually started a soundtrack for Thirteen Reasons Why a while back...

Jay Asher said...

I've been trying to put together a soundtrack for 13RW, with one song for each of Hannah's reasons. I'd love to know which songs are on your soundtrack!

Catherine said...

I found a song that screams 13RW to me, "From Where You Are By Lifehouse."

Even though it's about car accidents, the lyrics still apply to to the plot.