Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Ghost Stories Ink: NIGHT VISIONS

You should always spend Friday the 13th doing something cool and creepy. The F13 that came around last week was my most memorable yet! I headed to Minnesota where Forepaugh's, a restaurant with delicious food and spooky ghosts, was hosting a special party.


My favorite group of paranormal investigators, Ghost Stories Ink, was celebrating a very cool achievement, and their favorite New York Times best selling author (me!) was part of it.


The printouts above were tickets to keep track of your appetizers and drinks, which included beverages that smoked all by themselves.


We were gathered in this perfectly eerie location for the release of the anthology, Ghost Stories Ink presents Night Visions.



These nine stories and several illustrations were inspired by investigations this groups of authors and illustrators have gone on over the past few years. G.S.I. also hosts investigations and creative workshops that anyone can attend, and two of those attendees won a contest and had their stories included in the book.



There were also members of G.S.I. at the launch, of course, who had their short stories and artwork in the book.





Red Balloon Bookshop sold our other books at the party, and sold out of Night Visions!


Other authors/illustrators (either members of G.S.I. or friends) who have pieces in the anthology are Joshua Sterling Bragg, Scott Spinks, and Sammy Sarzoza.

The story I donated to the book was inspired by my investigation with them this past January in Los Angeles. It's titled The Last Supper Club, and I believe it's the first short story I've written. How does it begin? "Connor waits..." And how does it end?

Perfectly!

Thank you for inviting me to your Friday the 13th gathering, G.S.I.


Y'all scare me!

No comments: