Saturday, March 19, 2011

Great Big Sea

JoanMarie and I have no idea where we first heard of the band Great Big Sea, but if you've hung out with us for any length of time, you've probably heard their live CD playing in our home or car. From Newfoundland, GBS plays a mix of original and traditional folk songs with great musicianship and amazing harmonies. And on Friday night, we finally got to see them live for ourselves!


Sorry to shock ya, but when I'm between speaking gigs, the razors get some time off.


Unfortunately, the smoke alarms went off right before the encore, so our night was cut short by a song or two, but here's a sample of how much fun they are.



But I know why everyone really comes to my blog, so here's a photo of Isaiah laughing at one of his favorite jokes. It's a very simple joke to remember, because the set-up and the punchline are the same. All you have to do is repeat "B-b-b-b-b-b-b" and he'll crack up every time!

4 comments:

m. christine weber said...

Any concert where the smoke alarms go off is automatically awesome. And any band that uses an accordion is also automatically awesome. That’s two for two. So, while I’ve never heard of these guys, I’m now a fan.

And since it can’t be said enough: Isaiah is adorable!

Sabrina Steyling said...

Thanks for sharing that video - GBS is cool! They remind me of this local band my friend got me listening to called the Makem-Spain Brothers (http://makem.com/). You should check them out too. :)

And P.S. Isaiah is such a cutie pie; he's really got an awesome smile. :)

Jay Asher said...

Ms. MCW, you're welcome for the introduction...and thank you (once again)!

Sabrina, yes, I would totally go see the Makem-Spain Brothers in concert! I've really been getting into traditional songs lately.

shelley said...

He is TOTally why I come to the blog. Need a nanny?